How To Start a Blog
Successful bloggers may talk about different things and make money through different ways, but essentially they go about things the same way. If you want to be a super successful blogger, learn from the best.
If you need to have a step by step guide to create a successful blog from scratch you should check the below tutorials.
If you already know how to setup a blog and ready to go ahead, here are the tips from successful bloggers that they wish they got when they first started:
1. Have a plan. Concentrate on just one blog first, and have a firm idea on what your aims are and what you need to achieve those aims. Hoping for lots of money is not a bad thing, but hoping for the best and making things up as you go along is not a great business plan.
2. Know your customer. Simply trying to sell stuff to everyone is not the way to go. Do your research and find out what products or services your niche market needs, and then be the one to provide them. It’s impossible to solve everyone’s problem; you can solve a pressing problem of a few.
3. Create value first instead of just trying to sell. Many bloggers have realized that their profits went way up when they concentrated first on solving people’s problems instead of trying to convince everyone to buy whatever they’re selling. When people regard you as a problem solver and not just a seller, your sales actually become much better.
4. Promote only high quality products. Your brand—your very name, in fact—is tied in to what you sell. If you sell crap, then people will associate your name with crap, and no one will trust you.
5. Sell only the more expensive stuff. Convincing a few people to buy items worth thousands of dollars is easier than convincing millions of people to buy 5¢ items online. The profits are better with the expensive stuff as well.
6. Go with products with recurring income. This means convincing someone to buy from you once means you get the sales just about forever. Some items are just one time sales—a customer buys from you once, and that’s the end. But you can sell products which require a customer to buy from you again and again, and you don’t have to convince them to buy any more. They’re already convinced.
7. Focus on just a couple of affiliate programs. Customers want trusted people to recommend choices for them. So only focus on the best affiliate programs, so that customers will trust you.
8. Start by giving stuff away for free. This makes customers more liable to click your emails. When they realize you only associate with great stuff, then they’ll start paying for it a little at a time.
9. Focus on becoming an authority in your niche. Grow your blog with lots of ideas and articles your customers want, so that they come to you when they need answers.
10. Follow the leaders. Some of your competitors take risk. Let them! Then simply do the things which worked and avoid those that failed. They take the risk, you can reap the reward—risk-free.
11. Keep on blogging. Do one or two posts a day. If you’re feeling too lazy, then you’re in the wrong business.
12. Develop multiple sources of traffic. SEO is great, but what if Google changes the way it acts as it always does every now and then? Use social median networks and other blogs as well.
13. Be natural. It’s not only easier to do compared to being fake all the time, but more people respond better to your real personality as well.
14. Keep on improving. Do small changes and see if it has better results. Always check, and always test. Standing still is not a good idea.
15. Work hard. If you think that you can get by with just an hour a day and be super successful, you’re living a fantasy!
With the advice you get here, maybe you can also work hard and be a successful blogger and make lots of money, too. After all, if others can do it, so can you. The difference is that you already have a better idea of what works and what doesn’t!